Building Confidence in Children
Confidence is vitally important to a child’s future, happiness, health and success. Confident children are better equipped to deal with peer pressure, responsibility, frustrations, challenges and both positive and negative emotions.
The way we see our children or the way our kids believe we see them has a profound impact on the way they see themselves.
*The following are statements and affirmations to help our children to believe in themselves and us as parents:*
- You have such a gentle heart.
- I’m so proud of who you are or what you are becoming.
- I will always be there for you.
- I love your creativity.
- I’m so proud to call you my child.
- You were born to do great things.
- You are such a quick learner.
- Live to be better every day.
- You have best manners.
- All your problems have solutions.
- You make a great leader.
- You are so amazing.
- You make me smile.
- Thank you for working so hard.
- You are such a great kid.
- You will always be my hero/heroin
Confidence shapes a child’s life tremendously and it’s one of the most important gifts parents can give to their children.
Let us give children opportunities to feel capable and competent and demonstrate through words and actions that they are loved and valued.
With parent’s support, children in our care will grow into confident individuals who are happy, successful and thriving.
The only antidote to build a child’s confidence is *positive affirmations*.